Using my mum's butter cake recipe, I modified it to make this moist chocolate butter cake. Fill with choc butter cream or ganache and enjoy!!!
You can also moisten with an almond or coconut syrup. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
250gms of margarine
500gms of sugar
5 eggs (at room temperature)
510gms of self raising flour
90 gms of cocoa (I use Callebaut and Edlyn)
415mls of SOY MILK (this makes a BIG difference, dunno why, I'm sure the
chemists out there can tell me why, but it makes a lighter and moister cake)
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Prepare a 9 inch square tin (3 inch high tin) by greasing and covering in parchment paper. I put a high collar, as the cake does rise a bit.
3. Sift flour and cocoa together until well integrated.
4. Beat margarine and sugar until light and creamy.
5. Add eggs, beating well after each addition.
6. Add flour alternating with soy milk. Beat well.
7. Bake in the oven for 1.5 hours, or until a skewer inserted into the center
comes out clean.