1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
2. Heat juice and sugar in a heavy pan, once heated (do not allow it to boil)
3. Add butter and stir until melted
4. Add dark buttons and orange rind and stir till all combined. Set aside to cool for 15 minutes.
5. Sift flours and cocoa together.
6. Add two eggs and water to cooled liquid mixture above and whisk in the flours.
7. Pour into patty pans, i make them in muffin sized pans. Bake for approximately 50 minutes. Test them after 40 minutes to ensure they are not over done. Skewer inserted into center should come out completely clean.
Makes around 20.
Top these with french butter cream and enjoy!!! You can also make a cake with this recipe, but it will take about 2+ hours to bake in a 3inch high 8 inch pan.